Friday, February 11, 2011

Petal Cone Box - Wedding


TGIF everyone!! I'm so glad I was able to get through this week. It was another hectic week for me fulfilling orders, completing projects and classes! Ok now, here's a new die from the 2011 Occacions Mini Catalogue, the Petal Cone Die #121810.
This will look good to use as a Wedding favor with your BLISS stamp set. (I'm growing to love this stamp set from the SAB catalogue). I've seen some of these types of boxes as tea boxes with a leaf on it...ding, ding, ding.. that's another idea for another project. More to come....

To make a handle for this box, I snipped off an itty bitty piece on the top of the cone and inserted a 15/16" Satin Ribbon #109862(Chocolate Chip Brown). I just had to poke the ribbon from the inside, through the hole. Well before you do that, staple the ends of the ribbon loop so it does not go all the way through the box.

Then I tied a Hemp Twine #100982 on it so it completes the handle part of the box :) You may use a thinner ribbon too.

I was also saying to the Luv2Stamp group, this box was suppose to be my SWAP for the meeting this weekend. But it was too bulky to ship and handle for a SWAP.. darn. Anyway, if I attend maybe next year, I may hand-carry them.

Supplies Used:

Cardstock:
- Crumb Cake
- Shimmery White (for the Bliss caption)
- Chocolate Chip Brown

Stamp Set:
- Bliss Stamp Set - (2011 SAB Catalogue)- #121851- W or #123217- C

Ink Pad:
- Old olive
- Early Espresso

Punch:
- Large Oval Punch #119855
- Scallop Oval Punch #119856

BigShot:
- Petal Cone Die #121810 - (2011 Occassions Mini)

Other Supplies:
- Jewels Basic Pearl #119247
- Hemp Twine #100982
- 15/16" Satin Ribbon- Chocolate Chip Brown #109862


Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Heather Miles Portney said...

Oh I love this! I like the idea of turning it upside down! Great, now I have to buy that too!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I love this!! I will be featuring this on My Crafty Picks #4 on 2-20-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin